Casting Call!

So earlier today I was thinking about our main characters for our movie. I had two ideas, one is to center our film around two detectives that try to find who the killers are, or a group of teens who have lost friends from the murders, and will try and solve the murder themselves. After some thought I think that if the movie surrounds teens it will be a stronger selling point to our target audience which is teens.

As soon as I though of this I though of the movie "Ouija", which centered around group of teens and basically had no adults in it. The movie was AWFUL. It easily is one of the worst movies I have ever seen, but its not just me, check out this review by a few critics on Rotten Tomatoes.

Even though this movie was not critically acclaimed, it certainly made bank. It made about $100 million in profits when it was all said and done. Don't believe me? Check this out. Not only did it make a lot of money, but it spawned a sequel, well a prequel which with a slightly bigger budget, still made a nice profit, check out this chart showing the growth.

Both these films had teens as their main characters, and despite critics, they did pretty well in the box office.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hobo Hole

Character Profile

Ideas are flowing!