Scream... if you have a great idea!

Sorry for the cheesy title of this entry, it will make sense soon. So as our group was brainstorming the other day, I stared to think of the movies that our teacher, Mrs. Stoklosa showed to us in class. One stuck out me me, the movie "Scream". The suspense that movie built within the first few minutes really makes the audience at the edge of their seat.

So an idea popped in my head, are you ready for this masterpiece?
The scene opens with a group of teenage kids, two boys and two girls to be exact. They are shown watching a movie on the couch while also being on their phones. One of a girl wearing a black dress gets up and asks "does anybody want any water" after the group says no she walks off into the kitchen. The camera pans around the couch, showing each teen do their own thing. Hen you hear a glass drop. The group asks "are you okay?" the girl in the black then responds "yes I'm fine" The scene is silent after that. The teens go back to watching the movie. They begin to talk about the movie and how the main character should go after the girl (that is just a random plot in there movie. Movie in a movie equals movie-ception) As the group debates weather the main character should go after the girl, we see the girl in the black dress walk by slowly. You cannot see her face, only her dress. As she sits down the group is looking down at their phones and ask the girl in the black dress if she agrees. No answer. They ask again, still no answer. The group then says the girls name (still has yet to be decided) and we see post of view shot from one of the teens perspectives, the girl in the black dress is no girl, but a grown man in her dress with a mask on holding a bloody knife. And the scene ends.

I think this is great idea because it builds suspense and does not rush the plot too quick. 2/4 of my group members liked my idea, while the other two were stuck on the druggie idea. So we asked our classmates, all of them said my idea. Let me repeat that, ALL of them liked my idea. I am not trying to be cocky but I am proud of my idea. Yes there are some flaws, such as trying to introducing the characters too fast, using enough techniques to impress the graders, and if we can actually fit this into two minutes.

Every movie has its issues, but with the help of my group I am confident that we will be work on this idea, or a better one if we think of one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hobo Hole

Character Profile

Ideas are flowing!